Mr. Deepak Premnarayen is the Executive Chairman and founder of ICS Group, a real estate, asset management and financial services company.
– Real Estate – Pioneer Property Zone, a joint venture with Old Mutual Property, South Africa, develops, manages and operates retail centric assets.
– Asset Management – ICS Asset Management, a joint venture with Old Mutual Property, South Africa, provides investment management and advisory services to institutional investors focused on the Indian real estate sector.
– Car Parking – Secure Parking, a joint venture with Secure Parking Solutions, Australia provides integrated solutions in the organised car park management sector.
– Architecture – Bentel Associates, a joint venture with Bentel International, South Africa offers specialised architectural services across Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
– Hospitality – Ayana Hospitality, a joint venture with Mantis International, South Africa focuses on the boutique luxury hospitality segment in the Indian sub-continent and South-East Asia.
Mr. Premnarayen has had a diverse career spanning four decades across the Indian corporate sector. His previous employers include Citibank and Reckitt & Colman, where he was promoted to the executive committee. During his tenure, he expanded the company’s business across 15 new international markets.
Post his stint with the corporate world, Mr. Premnarayen followed his entrepreneurial aspirations and launched his own business which handled the export of jewellery and precious stones. His company was instrumental in bringing prestigious luxury brands to India. Later, he entered the infrastructure sector through multiple international partnerships.
Mr. Premnarayen is on the board of FirstRand Limited, which is the leading financial services group
in Africa listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. He is actively associated with the group and is a member of FirstRand’s Directors’ Affairs and Governance Committee and the Chairman of FirstRand Bank India Advisory Board.
A board member of TATA International and its Audit Committee, the other Directorships held by him include TATA Africa Holdings (SA) Proprietary Ltd., Triangle Real Estate India Fund LLC, a FDI compliant fund for India raised in conjunction with Old Mutual Property in South Africa (listed on the Mauritius Stock Exchange) and Noida Toll Bridge Co. Ltd. (listed in India & AIMS in UK). He also serves as an Additional Director (Independent) on the board of Nicco Parks & Resorts Limited.
Through its various businesses, ICS Group is involved in executing projects across cities in India and Africa and employs over 2600 people. The Group is headquartered in Mumbai with offices in Delhi, Bangalore and Johannesburg.
Memberships – Mr. Premnarayen is currently the President of IMC Chamber of Commerce and Industry for 2016-17 as well as a Committee member of All India Management Association (AIMA) for 2016-17. He is also the Convenor of the India-South Africa CEOs forum and Chair of CII National Committee on Nordic countries. Apart from these, he is a member of CII’s National Council and Committees for Banking, Public Policy, Financial Inclusion and Services and Task Force on Employment Generation and CII International Council 2016-17. He has led CII’s business delegations to Libya, Norway and Sweden in 2014 and to South Africa in 2015.
Social Responsibility – A firm believer in giving back to society, Mr. Premnarayen is actively associated with:
• Miraclefeet, an NGO based out of New York, USA. Miraclefeet is working towards eradicating disability as a result of children being born with clubfoot. The organisation works across 14 countries in the developing world and is supported by Google, Bajaj Foundation and the Oak Foundation amongst others.
The Premnarayen Education Trust was created to help underprivileged children have easy access to education.
In June 2014, Mr. Premnarayen was conferred the ‘Indian Business Leader of the Year’ award by ‘Horasis Global India Business Meet’ at Liverpool, UK.
A keen golfer, Mr. Premnarayen is also an avid sportsman and a yoga enthusiast.